As Iowans answer the call to fight the war on terrorism, some Iowa police stations are more strapped to fight the war on crime. Sioux City Police Chief Joe Frisbie has lost six officers to the Guard & Reserves, and five others to providing airport security. He says though the police force is operating below its full strength of 126 officers, the public shouldn’t be concerned because they’re concentrating on priority areas. Frisbie says the airport should start contracting out duties to a private security firm within several days, which will put those five officers back on patrol, but the earliest he could get new officers trained is September 2002.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances
- Appeal denied for man convicted of murder outside Pisgah bar
- More people call for Woodbury County Supervisor to resign
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern