Secret talks at the statehouse may avert major state worker layoffs. Leaders of the largest union for state workers have started talks with managers over their salary and benefit package in an effort to prevent layoffs. A spokesman for the governor says a new deal could be announced in the next few days. The new contract would likely outline wage and benefit concessions which would save money and prevent layoffs.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!