The A-A-R-P is encouraging the nation’s elderly to do volunteer work on December 6th, which they’ve dubbed “National Call to Service” day. Marie Smith, an A-A-R-P leader from Hawaii, was in Iowa yesterday to tout the call to volunteerism.Smith says there’s been a great outpouring in response to the September 11th attacks, but local charities are suffering.Smith says you can honor the victims and survivors of the terrorist attacks by volunteering locally, to make the entire country stronger.About 370-thousand Iowans are A-A-R-P members.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk