A pop bottling company in southeast Iowa is in the midst of a one-week slowdown. Sixty workers at the American Bottling Company’s Ottumwa plant who work the second and third “night shifts” won’t be working this week. An official with American Bottling Company says pop sales generally slow down this time of year. V-P Tom Tazarak says the workers aren’t laid-off; they’ll be back at work in about a week. Work suspensions are commonplace at many businesses, like John Deere, as managers struggle to respond to dwindling demand for goods.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!