Senator Charles Grassley says there’s no need to rush a Farm Bill through Congress yet this year. President Bush has urged Congress to wait ’til next year and focus attention on an economic stimulus package and other war-related legislation. Farm groups worry there won’t be as much money for the Farm Bill if action’s delayed. Grassley says Iowa farmers should not worry about the money issue, as even in lean budget years, there were always enough funds for a farm safety net.However, Grassley says the Senate Ag Committee, which Senator Tom Harkin chairs, should act before year’s end on the Farm Bill so their version will be out for review and as a contrast to what’s passed the House.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk