Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz says he will name a starting quarterback for Saturday’s game at Northwestern later in the week. Brad Banks played well in a loss at Wisconsin in relief of Kyle McCann but Ferentz says the situation is “cloudy” right now. He says both will play, but he can’t give a breakdown on their percentage of playing time.Northwestern running back Damien Anderson will miss Saturday’s game after he suffered a dislocated shoulder in a loss to Indiana. Ferentz says his absence won’t change the game plan.Mistakes have been costly and the Hawkeyes are on the minus side of the turnover margin which is something few winning teams can overcome. Ferentz says a number of factors have contributed to the turnovers. He says confidence and concentration can change that problem.Iowa State returns to action this weekend at home against Colorado. The Cyclones are coming off a lopsided loss at home against Kansas State but coach Dan McCarney says his team needs to focus on what they can still accomplish.McCarney says the offense was embarrassed by last week’s performance. He says they normally are able to score points even in a loss.Despite the strength of the Colorado program, the Cyclones have played well against the Buffs and won last year in Boulder.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns
- Register’s ‘Iowa Poll’ shows Trump lead growing
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package