A Bettendorf psychologist is accused of having an improper sexual relationship with one of his former patients. An anonymous Scott County woman has filed suit against Timothy Murphy, seeking an undisclosed amount of money. Murphy had treated the woman until November of 1999, then hired her to work in his office and they allegedly had a sexual relationship. The Iowa Board of Psychology Examiners is looking into similar allegations against Murphy from three other former patients. Under state law, former clients are considered “emotionally dependent” for one year after mental health treatment is terminated.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Haley calls Alabama debate a scrum, CNN to host Iowa debate in January
- Canadian National buying Iowa Northern Railway
- Report finds farmland holding value in face of economic issues
- Late Hollywood legend Norman Lear touted ‘I come from Des Moines’ (AUDIO)
- Check the labels before hanging holiday lights to avoid a fire