The Governor’s Traffic Safety Bureau is holding its first-ever “Iowa Alcohol Forum” today in Des Moines.Denny Becker is the area administrator for the bureau and is organizing the forum Becker says the goal is to address the leading causes of alcohol-related deaths and injuries on Iowa’s streets and highways. Becker says the forum will gather more than 130 people in a variety of fields, including law enforcement officers, lawyers, judges, treatment program directors, prison officials and Mothers Against Drunk Driving.Becker says Iowa is leading the Midwest in its efforts to reduce drunken driving deaths.The one-day forum runs from 8 to 4 at the Four Points Sheraton Inn.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record