The semifinal round of the state high school football playoffs open today in the UNI-Dome. This afternoon in class 4A, top ranked and defending champion West Des Moines Dowling takes on fourth rated Ankeny. Dowling has come back this season after subpar opening halfs and Ankeny rallied from a 19-point halftime deficit to down Ottumwa in the quarterfinal round. Dowling coach Matt Dillon says both teams will play hard the entire game. He says whichever team can play the four quarters can make the difference.Dowling has experience playing in the UNI-Dome but Dillon is not sure how much of an advantage that will be. He says it could be a factor if they get a loud noisy crowd.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime