The Iowa Hawkeyes are on the road in the Big Ten to play Northwestern. A year ago, the Hawks shut down Northwestern’s spread offense in an upset victory. To get the job done again, coach Kirk Ferentz says the defense will need to contain Wildcat quarterback Zak Kustok.Ferentz says Northwestern coach Randy Walker has added some new wrinkles to their spread offense.Iowa running back Ladell Betts says after a lopsided loss at Indiana the Wildcats will be ready to play.Betts says the Hawks and Wildcats have had similar seasons in which they’ve lost some close games.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!