A judge has banned two Delaware County men from riding snowmobiles or all-terrain vehicles after they admitted to running down and killing a dog. Benjamin White of Earlville and Douglas Scherbring of Manchester, both 18, pleaded guilty in August to killing the dog with their snowmobiles. A district court judge also fined the two men 13-hundred dollars and gave them a 180-day suspended jail sentence. The two men were also placed on two years probation and ordered to undergo psychiatric and substance abuse evaluation.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!