Tomorrow is the day set aside to honor our nation’s veterans. Iowa Congressman Leonard Boswell says we need to do more to help veterans.Boswell says a bill working its way through Congress will do just that. He says it includes a five-percent increase in the budget for medical care for eligible veterans.Boswell says the measure also includes language that prevents the V-A from forcing military retirees from permanently choosing between the military and V-A health care system. He says it also triples the funding for V-A building projects.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal