Cops and firefighters in Fort Madison will fight one another today — on the gridiron. The charity flag football game kicks off at three o’clock this afternoon at Richmond Stadium field in Fort Madison. Rick Blindt, one of the fire fighters who’ll play, says the practice sessions have been “interesting.” Admission to the game will be one dollar.Blindt says the money raised will go to the 9/11 fund so it’ll end up helping the families of New York firefighters and police who were killed.The Fort Madison cops and fire fighters won’t be playing full-contact football today. They’ll be wearing flags.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal