Iowa State coach Dan McCarney expects the Cyclones to face a motivated Kansas team that saw head coach Terry Allen get fired a little more than a week ago.McCarney says he has known Kansas interim coach Tom Hayes for a long-time. Hayes is a native of Atlantic.McCarney says he remembers Hayes from his days as a player at Iowa.Hayes had a rough debut as the Jayhawks were pounded by Texas this past weekend. He says it is behind them and they have to move on.Hayes says he and McCarney worked on Bob Commings’ staff at Iowa and have kept in touch as their careers progressed.Hayes has spent most of his career as a co-coordinator. This is his first stint as a head coach. He says there are some extra duties, but a lot of it is the same.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sewing Days planned as work resumes on large-scale Sioux City art project
- Bill to crack down on SWATTING calls awaits governor’s signature
- ‘Religious Freedom’ bill wins final legislative approval, heads to governor
- House votes to restrict DEI programs at Iowa, ISU and UNI
- Warm weather wakes up ticks, so wear insect repellant