The seven-week old Maytag strike in Middle Amana is over. 15-hundred workers will be back on the job at Maytag’s Middle Amana plant tomorrow. They accepted a new three-year contract to end a seven-week strike. Union representatives say the length of the strike and the upcoming holiday season may’ve been part of the reason workers agreed to the new contract.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!