The Iowa Hawkeyes opened the basketball season with an 89-59 cruise past Maryland Eastern Shore in the opening round of the Guardians Classic in Iowa City. Senior forward Reggie Evans led the way with 30-points and 15-rebounds. Iowa coach Steve Alford who says after a strong start the intensity level dropped off and Evans led the effort. Alford says after getting up 13 points his team started playing the scoreboard and got happy and stopped doing what they needed to do to get happy in the first place.The Hawkeyes will face Boston University tonight with the winner advancing to the semifinal round next week in Kansas City. Alford says the Hawks face a more difficult test tonight. He says Boston University is a different team that likes to play zone.Boston University advanced with a 69-63 win over New Orleans.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal