More than 90 expertly decorated holiday trees are now on display at the 16th annual Festival of Trees in Davenport. Leslie Thompson, one of the festival’s organizers, says the tree designers are very creative.Thompson says many months of planning have gone into each of the beautiful trees, some of which will sell for hundreds of dollars.Davenport is also hosting a holiday parade today that features those giant inflatable creatures. Thompson says it’s the largest helium balloon parade in the Midwest.The Festival of Trees began yesterday and runs through November 25th. For more information, surf to “www.quonline.com/festoftrees” or call (563) 324-FEST.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime