Iowa 4-H Club members and supporters can put a bid on an unusual keepsake through a popular Internet auction-style website this week. The 15-by-35-inch poster features the comic strip cat “Garfield” wearing a t-shirt with the familiar green 4-H cloverleaf logo. 4-H Iowa Foundation associate director Albert Grunenwald says the special full-color print is now available on e-bay, but only for a few more days.The numbered, signed, limited edition print was drawn by Jim Davis, the creator of “Garfield,” who is a 4-H alum from Indiana. The bids are already over three hundred dollars, with all proceeds being split between the Iowa and national 4-H groups. Grunenwald doesn’t know how high the bidding will go, but he’s hopeful.To see the print or to bid on it, go to “www.ebay.com” and then put “4-H Garfield” in the search engine window. For people who are not online, call (515) 294-1537 and a bid can be placed on your behalf.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal