Reverend and civil rights activist Al Sharpton will appear in the Quad Cities on behalf of a Davenport man who’s accused in the death of an Illinois State Trooper. Sharpton will be at Blackhawk College in Moline, Illinois, on December 5th to talk about public housing issues and to rally support for 20-year-old Jonathan Posey. Posey’s accused of dragging the trooper to his death in June from a safety checkpoint in Rock Island, Illinois, then leaving the scene. He faces charges of first-degree murder, reckless homicide and failure to report an accident involving personal injury.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal