One man’s under arrest in Lee County in the hit-and-run death of a Keokuk man whose body was found along Highway 218. Investigators say the 22-year-old man had been walking north along the road early yesterday morning when he was hit from behind. Later in the day authorities arrested 18-year-old Ian Arne at his Montrose home, and charged him with leaving the scene of a fatal accident, an aggravated misdemeanor. The Keokuk police and Lee County sheriff’s investigators had been searching for a green car with damage to the right front, and they impounded Arne’s car as part of the investigation. The dead man’s been identified as James Clemens of Keokuk.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk