Nearly 100 Newton-area workers will soon be out of a job. About 90 Seabury and Smith workers in Newton will lose their jobs at the end of January. Seabury and Smith is an insurance and business services firm. The laid-off workers processed claims for Phen-Fen, the diet drug which caused severe health problems. Just about 30 workers will remain in the Newton office after the layoffs.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards