A former LeMars schoolteacher’s been charged with first-degree theft for stealing from his local teachers’ union fund.Fifty-year-old Daniel Lubinus is accused of stealing 30-thousand dollars from the LeMars Education Association. Lubinus turned himself in at the police station last week. He was booked into the Plymouth County Jail, and later released on a 13-thousand dollar bond. Lubinus resigned from the school district last spring, citing health problems. He taught English and drama.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- State removes thousands from Medicaid eligibility in post-COVID cleanup
- Sioux City man charged in death of Nebraska priest
- Sheriff releases update on search for missing western Iowa trucker
- Senate GOP aims to eliminate state income tax
- With deer season underway, Iowa hunters are urged to secure their shotguns