At least three hunters were shot Saturday, the first day of shotgun deer hunting season in Iowa — and one of them died. 73-year-old Harry Kilmer Senior of Brooklyn was shot in the hip while hunting with a large group of people early Saturday southeast of Blakesburg in Wapello County. Kilmer was taken to an Ottumwa hospital, then airlifted to a Des Moines hospital, where he died. An investigation is underway.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G