Clarke College and the Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce are turning to the experts at Disney for training on the best way to meet and greet visitors. Sue Czeshinski of the Dubuque Convention and Visitors Bureau says they’ll use a program created by the people at Disney to train people locally.She says you never get a second chance to make a good impression, so customer service takes training. Wendy Wheelock with Clarke College says they’ll use a Disney Institute program, though local people will carry out the training program.Wheelock is Director of Leadership Education and Development at Clarke. Wheelock says Disney staff will help start up the “Welcoming the World” program created for top and middle-level management, and then local staff and professors will teach it on their own.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Feenstras’ Sioux Center event for presidential hopefuls focuses on faith
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response