Iowa State hosts 12th-ranked Iowa tomorrow night in an intra-state basketball battle. Cyclone coach Larry Eustachy says despite the Hawkeyes Tuesday night loss at U-N-I, his team may be outmanned. He says it’s a mismatch of the Cyclones’ youth and lack of depth against an experienced team with lots of depth. Eustachy expects the Hawkeyes to be focused, as he says they’re angry about losing.Earlier in the week there was some hope that sophomore guard Jake Sullivan could return from a knee injury to play against the Hawkeyes but Eustachy ruled him out of the game. He says it’s killing Sullivan to not be able to play in the game. Eustachy says he doesn’t want Sullivan to play until it’s totally right.Iowa coach Steve Alford says his team got outworked in the loss at U-N-I and they cannot let it happen again. He says that was the total difference in the game.Iowa has lost large leads in a hurry in several games and Alford says he may have to use more timeouts in the first half.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal