Governor Tom Vilsack’s resisting additional security measures at the Governor’s Mansion in Des Moines. Vilsack says Terrace Hill is as secure as it needs to be. He says it’s the people’s home and putting a fence around the home sends a signal that it’s off limits.Vilsack says he, personally, doesn’t need more security either.Legislators are moving to lock-down access to the Statehouse. All but two entrances will be closed, and metal detectors will be stationed at those two entry points. After-hours access to the Capitol will be restricted to state employees who’ve been given a key card.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!