Congressman Tom Latham says he’s frustrated the Senate has failed to act on legislation that would aid the insurance industry. The U-S House passed a bill that would issue a government guarantee to cover losses of any terrorist act in the next 12 months as insurance companies say they’ll go under if they have to cover a second disaster like September 11th.The House and Senate plan to adjourn for the year today or tomorrow, and if a bill’s not passed this week, real estate developers say many projects will grind to a halt. Seventy percent of property and casualty policies expire January 1st, and many insurers are telling customers terrorism coverage will not be extended past that date.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk