Iowa U. S. senator Charles Grassley says while new airport security measures are well-intentioned, they aren’t particularly smart. Grassley says after a passenger on a Paris-to-Miami flight turned up with plastic explosive in his sneakers, it still won’t do any good to X-Ray shoes at airport security checkpoints. The senator says American people count on their government to keep them safe, but a visual inspection ought to do it.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Tonight is final GOP debate before 2024 Iowa Caucuses
- Dreaming of a white Christmas? New Iowa map shows your chances
- Appeal denied for man convicted of murder outside Pisgah bar
- More people call for Woodbury County Supervisor to resign
- Congressman Feenstra says soaring national debt continues to be a concern