A group of Iowa peace protesters is headed for Nebraska today. A Catholic priest from Des Moines has made a name for himself as a ringleader for anti-establishment demonstrations. The Reverend Frank Cordero is setting his sites on the Omaha area this time and Offutt Air Force Base, which oversees the U-S nuclear weapons arsenal. Today’s date, December 28th, marks the Feast of the Holy Innocents. Cordero was arrested in Omaha along with several other protesters in August on the 56th anniversary of the A-bombing of Nagasaki, Japan. It was his seventh arrest for protesting the U-S use of nuclear weapons.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Dubuque wins millions in federal money for flood protection system updgrade
- Iowa continues to see lack of dentists who will take Medicaid patients
- Contest to choose state’s best breaded pork tenderloin down to 5 establishments
- Cedar Rapids Schools closed after online threat
- Iowa’s DeJean and Jackson honored by B1G