Some apparent mismanagement of school funds has turned up, during a re-audit of the financial records of the Central City Community School district. State officials claim the district misused nearly 60-thousand dollars from the school’s general fund, and has failed to properly maintain the Physical Plant & Equipment Levy Fund, which is currently operating in the red. After the school board claimed it would use money from the district’s General Fund account to pay for maintenance and general repairs of facilities as needed, auditors told the board that would violate the Iowa Code, unless they get special permission from the state School Budget Review Committee. The district’s indicated that it does plan to comply with the recommendations by the state auditors, in an effort to bring the budget back in line.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record