An eastern Iowa pet shelter was heavily damaged in a weekend fire. If it hadn’t been for an employee stopping in to check on the animals at Bettendorf Animal Clinic, they likely would have perished in a fire. Roxanne Harms and her former husband, Randy, found the building filled with smoke Saturday night and called firefighters. A faulty furnace in the attic had overheated. Firefighters said the building would have burned in a matter of hours. Sixteen dogs and a cat came within a whisker of not making to 2002.
You are here: Home / Fires/Accidents/Disasters / Fire damages Davenport shelter