It’s going to be reunion weekend in Cedar Falls for the Northern Iowa men’s basketball program. U-N-I Assistant Athletic Director Sloane Tyler says players from the past are being invited to return to campus Saturday.Former Panther player Greg McDermott became the head coach of the team this season and Sloan says that’s part of the reason for the reunion.Former coaches Norm Stewart, Zeke Hogeland and Jim Berry will attend. Stewart coached at U-N-I from 1961 to 1967 before leaving for Missouri. Hogeland coached from 1967 to 1973, and Berry from 1973 to 1986. Sloan says several players are expected to attend.Sloan says the meeting between players and coaches will be private, but she says they will recognize them during the Panther’s game Saturday night.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness