The D-O-T has new road information on its “weatherview” web site, should winter weather ever hit this year. Dennis Burkheimer, the Iowa D-O-T’s winter operations administrator, says they’ve added special road condition weather forecasts the D-O-T buys for its own roadway prep plans and there are also county-by-county predictions of early-morning frost on bridges.The “weatherview” site now has links to the Iowa State Highway Patrol’s winter road condition report as well as National Weather Service forecasts for regions of the state. Again this year the web site offers information from 31 D-O-T weather stations, giving the air temp, relative humidity, wind speed and direction, cloud heights and visibility. That’s the kind of information pilots often use.Burkheimer says the data on the website is updated about every half hour.The web address is “www.dotweatherview.com”.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal