A judge has cut bail for 20-year-old Shane Dupee, the Grinnell man charged with fatally injuring his three-month old daughter. Magistrate judge James Schwievert said a quarter-million-dollar bond was “more than enough” to make sure that Dupee came to future court appearances, and reduced it to 100-thousand dollars. At the bond review, Dupee’s attorney Brian Early pointed out that the county filed charges of first-degree murder before an autopsy had been performed on Aliyah Stevens. The lawyer also charges Grinnell police officer Randy Hansen may have asked leading questions in getting an incriminating statement from Dupee. His next court appearance hasn’t been set.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa
- Fire damages buildings in downtown Webster City