Two people who embezzled from Davenport businesses are headed to prison and a Davenport man is accused of defrauding the government.31-year-old Jody Ward of Colona, Illinois, the mother of three, is getting a ten-year prison term after begging for probation. She collapsed in a courtroom yesterday when she learned she’d serve time for taking $227,000 from Palmer College of Chiropractic, where she worked in the payroll department. 29-year-old Amy Moats of Bettendorf is getting up to 10 years behind bars for stealing $96,000 from Creative Marketing. She took checks from her employer’s mail while working there and deposited them in her personal account. And Alan J. Stalcup, the owner of Gear Specialists Incorporated, faces heavy fines and up to five years in prison. The U-S government is filing criminal charges and a lawsuit against him, claiming his company charged the Rock Island Arsenal $747,000 for repairs it did not make to 12 military trucks.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness