A new director of Iowa Veterans Affairs moves into the office at Camp Dodge today. The post has been vacant since April, and staffers say it’s been quiet chaos a lot of the time since then. With no director for the agency, there are no policies in place to guide day-to-day decision making and there’s nobody with clear authority to approve decisions anyway. Today it finally ends when Pat Palmersheim takes over as head of veteran’s affairs. Up to now he’s been veterans affairs director for Howard County, where his successor says he was well-liked, hardworking and leaves big shoes to fill.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa
- Fire damages buildings in downtown Webster City