An argument over stolen Christmas gifts may have led to the death of a Davenport man, whose body was found in a car last Wednesday.Police say 21-year-old Jonathon Johnson was stabbed and shot. On Saturday, they arrested 36-year-old Darryl McCoy and charged him with first-degree murder. He is in Scott County Jail. A warrant also has been issued for McCoy’s brother, Lawrence. Police say Darryl McCoy believes Johnson stole 13-hundred dollars in cash, coins and gifts from his brother’s northwest Davenport apartment just before Christmas. Officers say Darryl McCoy confessed during a videotaped interview that he and others killed Johnson when the victim stopped by his brother’s apartment late Jan. 27th or early Jan. 28th. Then they put Johnson’s body in his car, drove it to another location and cleaned the apartment.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Senate backs ‘American Cream’ breed as Iowa’s official state horse
- Iowans are living longer, creating concern about paying for retirement
- State universities dealing with delays in FAFSA information being released
- Meteorologist says Iowa countryside is ‘extremely combustible’
- Iowa’s Sandfort claims pair of weekly honors