One person is dead, another is critically hurt, after a fiery two-vehicle crash last night near Ida Grove in western Iowa. 55-year-old Leonard Berg of Kiron was driving a semi-truck on Highway 59 and collided head-on with a car driven by 34-year-old Billy Lay of Ida Grove. Both vehicles burst into flames. Berg died at the scene. The Highway Patrol says it appears it was Lay’s vehicle that crossed the center line. Lay was first taken to an Ida Grove hospital, then to a Sioux City hospital, where he’s listed in critical condition.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk