A northeastern Iowa man is dead after a collision with a car driven by a college student from Colorado.A Sumner man was killed in the crash near Denver, Iowa, yesterday on Highway 3 about 3 P-M. He’s identified as 74-year-old Wilbert Kuker. The driver of the other car is identified as 23-year-old Eric Leisge of Littleton, Colorado, who is in critical condition. Leisge is a student at Wartburg College in Waverly. Authorities say Leisge was trying to pass another car when he car hit Kuker’s car head on. It’s the second fatal crash in Bremer County this year.Another wreck in eastern Iowa has claimed a life. The Clinton County Sheriff is investigating the single-vehicle accident that happened just after midnight Monday near Andover. 29-year-old Dan Stevenson of rural Clinton was taken to a Clinton hospital, where he died.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Error causes Iowa Lottery to report wrong numbers for Monday Powerball drawing
- UNI receives large donation to help with Campanile renovation
- November 2023 in Iowa? Likely among 20 driest on record
- Casey DeSantis a key surrogate for DeSantis2024 in Iowa
- Fire damages buildings in downtown Webster City