The Big Ten regular season race heads into the final weekend with a log jam at the top. Four teams, Illinois, Ohio State. Indiana and Wisconsin are tied for first at 10-5, while Michigan State is a game back. Iowa coach Steve Alford says that is evidence of the parity in the league this season. He says Wisconsin can share the title with a home win, and nobody expected them to be there.Alford says the parity will make next week’s conference tournament wide open. He says Michigan State and Illinois are probably playing the best right now heading into the tournament at a neutral site.Iowa closes out the regular season at Michigan State this weekend and Alford says the Hawks have made some progress as of late.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G