The teenage mother of “Baby Chelsea” was sentenced today in Tama County court. The Tama County teen, was charged with murder in strangling her newborn daughter last winter, but pled guilty to lesser charges last month, including involuntary manslaughter and child endangerment. 18-year-old Nichole Plum of Chelsea was given a two-year sentence on one charge and a 10-year sentence on the other, with both to be served at the same time.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness
- ‘Lost winter’ wraps up with Iowa’s 2nd warmest February on record