An anonymous donor has pledged 13-million dollars toward building a new science center at Buena Vista University in Storm Lake. That’s half the cost of the center, and B-V officials have learned, the donation comes with a big string attached.President Fred Moore says the university has to raise 13-million dollars on its own by the end of September to get the matching donation.Moore says about nine million dollars has already been raised for the project, so the university is well on its way.Plans for the science center include 18 new laboratories, seven classrooms, and three research areas along with greenhouse space and a two-story atrium.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- DeSantis hits 99th county, Trump rallies with crowd in two Iowa cities
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime