One boy was killed, another seriously injured, in a train accident Sunday in Cedar Rapids. The boys were playing along a railroad bridge near the Indian Creek Nature Center about 5:30 last night when they were hit by a Union Pacific train. A six-year-old was pronounced dead at the scene. A seven-year-old is in serious condition. No names were released. The trains often run at speeds of 70-miles an hour along that stretch of track. The boys were at a family gathering following a baptism at the nature center. The bodies were found along an embankment after the train pushed them from the west side of the bridge to the east side. Two other boys got out of the way in time.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Senate OKs rules for plant or insect based proteins labeled as meat
- Northeast Iowa deputy awarded medal for bravery
- Federal appeals court rules on Iowa law banning school mask mandates
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email