An embattled retailer is proceeding with closing hundreds of stores, including four in Iowa.K-Mart has gotten a federal bankruptcy court’s approval to go ahead with a store closing plan that would shutter 284 stores nationwide and four in Iowa, in Des Moines, Clinton, Fort Dodge and Spencer. Store closing sales are expected to start this weekend and could last two to three months. The retailer filed Chapter 11 in January.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Taylor will not resign as county supervisor after wife’s voter fraud convictions
- Ramaswamy calls on Iowa’s governor, GOP rivals to take a stand on carbon pipelines
- Warmer weather is on the way
- Lawsuit challenges Iowa law on sexually-graphic books, discussions of sexual orientation in K-6 classes
- Iowa players honored by B1G