Two Iowa Wesleyan College softball players have been recognized by the Midwest Classic Conference. Lori Bikar has been named the M-C-C player of the week after batting four-85 and driving in seven runs in ten games last week. Courtney Brinson was named the pitcher of the week after earning three victories last week. The freshman from Muscatine allowed only three earned runs in 37-innings of work.Wesleyan coach Mike Hampton says Brinson did the job against a couple of tough opponents. The Tigers are 10-9 overall after a southern trip.Hampton says the Tiger’s depth has been a plus early in the season.The Tigers return to action Thursday with a visit to Hannibal-LaGrange College of Missouri.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Creighton economist finds recession signs in Mid-America region
- Iowa’s animal shelters are running out of space to keep dogs and cats
- Iowa’s congressional delegation votes to expel Santos
- Iowa Supreme Court rules notes left at home with rainbow flag were a hate crime
- Grassley says little interest in Senate GOP for ObamaCare repeal