The Iowa baseball team opens the Big ten race tomorrow with the first of a four game series at Michigan. The Hawkeyes have been inconsistent early on but one constant has been the play of senior Andy Jansen who has already earned conference player of the week honors.Iowa coach Scott Broghamer says Jansen is setting the standard for the team and has been a pleasure to watch. The Hawkeyes problem in conference play last year was a lack of timely hitting. Broghamer says they’ll play a lot of good teams and will only few a few chances to score. He says as they mature they should be able to do a better job of taking care of those opportunities.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Mississippi River bridge at Lansing could remain closed for months
- Thousands of dollars missing in apparent hack of Dyersville city email
- House Democrats back state directed retirement savings accounts
- Hinson says temporary federal spending plan likely by Friday deadlie
- Sen. Grassley to question Sec. Vilsack on passage of Farm Bill