A Democrat state Senator says she’s not going to launch a write-in campaign for State Ag Secretary. Betty Soukup of New Hampton says folks were lobbying her to run against incumbent democrat Ag Secretary Patty Judge.Soukup says family farmers were telling her they aren’t getting a fair hearing, as they believe corporate agriculture gets the ear of policymakers. Soukup, though, told the groups a write-in campaign for a statewide office just wouldn’t be successful. Soukup, who is not running for re-election to the Iowa Senate, says she’s choosing another “career path.” Soukup was one of the 12 legislators who served on the bipartisan panel that drafted the bill which establishes new regulations for large-scale livestock confinements.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Iowa Supreme Court throws out search that led to charge against Texas trucker
- DeSantis would put National School Choice plan in comprehensive tax package
- Iowa food bank shatters all-time record as specter of food insecurity looms larger
- Iowa United First Aid program helps improve rural emergency response
- Iowans see benefits in raising goats for milk