A southwest Iowa student is accused of planning to poison his prom’s punch with a chemical that’d sicken or even kill. Fifteen-year-old Robert Dumler of Villisca is charged with terrorism. Villisca police chief Butch Rulla says some high schoolers and their parents came forward with information about the alleged plot. Rulla says authorities seized a vial of liquid that’s been sent to a crime lab in Des Moines for analysis. Rulla says this prank was no laughing matter. He says they’ve had experience with bomb threats in the past, so they take these things very seriously.Rulla says the prom went on without a hitch.Rulla says they’ve established a motive, as Dumler was apparently unhappy with some of the other students.Dumler was taken to a juvenile detention facility in Council Bluffs.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- Opening day to submit nominating papers for Iowa’s 2024 Primary Ballot
- Record highs possible today in the 70s, with wind chills tomorrow night below zero
- Farmers are concerned about dry soil headed into planting season
- DNR confirms dead gray wolf found near Davenport
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions