A former official at an eastern Iowa boot camp faces new charges in a sex abuse case.A Dubuque County man has filed a civil suit in Scott County for unspecified damages against John Bolsinger and Family Resources Inc. The man, who is anonymous, says he is one of the 17 teens who were allegedly sexually abused by Bolsinger during medical exams in 2001 at a boot camp. At the time, Bolsinger was the director of Summit, a military-type camp that Family Resources operates for juvenile offenders. Bolsinger was fired last fall, then charged with three counts each of sexual abuse, sexual exploitation and sexual misconduct. He has yet to go on trial.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- A 6% pay raise still means Iowa judges will earn less than judges in surrounding states
- Sound and video updates planned for Iowa State sports venues
- State universities requesting room and board increases to handle higher costs
- House bill calls for reviewing citations with all nursing home staff
- Help is available if you can’t resist betting during March Madness