A Monticello woman left for Texas yesterday to offer help to victims of recent severe storms. Terri Reynolds is a volunteer in the Grant Wood chapter of the American Red Cross.Her main work will be talking with affected families and assessing what needs they have that the Red Cross can help with. Reynolds says this will be work in a different area for her, but not her first trip for the Red Cross.She served in September in New York and has worked in local incidents in Jones and Delaware Counties. Reynolds will join Bev Kriegl of Marion, another Red Cross volunteer who left earlier for Texas.
SEARCH THIS SITE
- ARL of Iowa rescues 24 cats from ‘deplorable’ conditions
- Deadline nears to nominate Iowans of character for awards
- Supreme Court rules in favor of Iowa Legislators in lawsuit involving voting laws
- Dry February keeps most of state in drought conditions
- This is the Iowa Day of Kindness, so be Iowa Nice!